About this course
This course is designed to be an add on module to complement the Core WTSR Training Course with additional information on the roles and responsibilities of the Operational Controller. Therefore, it is prerequisite to attend the Core WTSR Training Course before attending this module.
At the end of this course you should have a clear understanding the duties of an Operational Controller in relation to the requirements of the WTSR and where required, be in position to be nominated formally to carry out that role correctly.
Delegates should be able to demonstrate an applied understanding of the WTSR in relation to the OC and the importance of the transfer of control process.
Company specific scripts and processes can be added to this course to replicate day to day practice.
On completion of the course delegates will understand:
- The OCs role in ensuring a Safe System of Work under the WTSR
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Operational Controller
- Authorisation, Competence and Responsibilities of persons on site
- The Transfer of Control process
- Links to overall Work Control
- How to control work under an AWP
- Manage Additional Works / Change of AWP
- Deal with additional Persons Joining Working Parties
- The Clearance / Cancellation of Approved Written Procedures
- Surrender of an open Approved Written Procedures
- Safe Custody of Approved Written Procedures & Other Associated Records
- Communicate and manage exceptions on a WTG
End of course test and assessment
Cost for the course is £575 +VAT